Connect with us

Food UK

Simple Tomato Sauce Pasta Recipe – SORTEDfood

Published

on

You can’t beat pasta with a simple tomato for a midweek meal… But you can make it better with very little effort!

This version takes the classic idea and adds just a couple of small twists that could even make it fit for a fancy meal to impress too!

Get the full recipe here: http://sortedfood.com/fregulapasta

Wanna become an awesome home cook? Sign up to our Sidekick app and be the hero of your kitchen: https://bit.ly/3tfFgsR

source

Continue Reading
26 Comments

26 Comments

1. @mrcyflft

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

Barry works with Ben well; very complementary ability to cook together…

2. @Exayevie

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

I'm a little late to this topic, but I like it so I'll contribute:

Breaded pork chop
    Grilled Cheese w/ deli roast beef
    Pan-fried steak, if I can get a cheap cut
    Loaded baked potato
    Bacon-blue quesadillas
    Scrambled eggs w/ mushrooms
    Boxed mac'n'cheese with add ins (hot dogs, bacon bits, blue cheese, etc.)
    Salami on a Hawaiian roll
    Salad

My go-to mid-week meals, nearly in order

3. @MissKT2000

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

So is that giant couscous or is couscous a different grain to pasta?

4. @andysbg77

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

You can add some Courgettes and Bell Peppers, For a more vegetarian way!!!
    I prefer it with some Mozzarella!!!!

5. @jacoboloughlin7869

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

How many people will the recipe serve?

6. @yasmin4494

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

this is not pasta! this is israeli coscos!
    you put just enough water so it soaks it all in, and it is recomanded to cook the sauce it same pot with less water so it soaks the yummy tomato flavours.

7. @agirlandhermusic99

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

When Ben says reduced down does he just mean keep it on the heat before it becomes more of a syrup? I have never done it before and don't want to mess up if I don't understand!

8. @gabrielladavey6236

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

what if were making it for kids

9. @ThePhoenixFlight

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

In Portugal we use that kind of pasta almost exclusively for chicken soup (canja). I think I've never even saw it being used for anything else until today!

10. @rjmontoya

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

Great recipe! I like to add quick body to my sauce by cooking off bacon or chorizo with onions and garlic, and adding red rooster chili paste, before the wine and passata. Oregano as the sauce reduces. When pasta is done, drop into the sauce and Parmesan and basil just like you guys do!

11. @caitlinwren7756

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

which fish is best to use?

12. @phoebeleong1443

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

okay thank you! gonna try this out some time 🙂

13. @phoebeleong1443

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

can I substitute the pasata with tomato paste or tomato puree and the white wine with water?

14. @aika6892

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

I'm eating instant noodles as I'm watching this (because I'm a broke college student). The visuals makes it seem like it tastes better.
    Gonna try this next week without the wine, and with roasted chicken instead of the fish, because fresh fish is expensive and pre cooked chicken is fast and cheap. 🙂

15. @sinzucheruvu8872

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

Is there anyway you could skip or substitute the white wine in the pasta sauce?

16. @gothicgirl94xo

awesome

17. @stormyweather1392

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

Pasta and tomato sauce….?
    So spaghetti.
    without the spaghetti noodles.

18. @lukaselijahephraimlarkins1467

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

Pizza pasta is my favorite meal of mine! I have a video on my food channel. R.R.F Real Raw Foods. What you see in the video is what I eat! it is big but really good! Plus it is vegan and gluten free.

19. @justaddmusclecom

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

Looks great, and best of all simple and practical.

20. @danielaoliveira2433

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

Eu amoooo os videos de vocês! São de mais".

21. @user-tu8ti6sr1r

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

Watching this while fasting… bad idea!

22. @roberttaragan3313

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

I'm probably the odd one out, but I don't really like tomato sauces. My pasta sauce is usually just diced onion, tomato and bell peppers that I spread over spaghetti. But my mid week pasta dish is actually more of a carbonara I guess, I just cook pasta, dicde up some bacon, mix them, then put a fried egg on top and voila! Quick, and delicious!

23. @anapaulamatheu

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

you are simply great for cooking and for entretaining! cheers!

24. @patriciamasilang6544

WOW BARRY IS LOOKING SO GOOD

25. @lalalandhigh

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

Barry's hair today… and every time I think I can't be any more attracted to him, he does it again. sploosh

26. @Em0L33

January 27, 2024 at 8:58 pm

Just curious, did you take the bayleaves out before adding the spinach, because I've always been told that they aren't for human consumption but they do add flavour to dishes whilst simmering and such.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Food UK

Kush vs James vs Jamie | 10 Minute Burger Challenge FINAL | Sorted Food

Published

on

After a MEGA series of burger challenges, the greatest challengers have come together at Sorted Live: Snow Way Out to crown the Burger KING!

#sortedfood #chef #food

Time to CANCEL your boring dinners!

It’s easier than you think to cook up banging recipes… Click here to try Sidekick FREE for 30 days: https://bit.ly/3tfFgsR

The awesome benefits of the Sidekick app:
– Unlock your kitchen confidence to discover awesome new ingredients and dishes
– Reduce the stress of deciding what to cook EVERY day
– Grocery shopping made simple, with an automatically-generated list
– Cook more sustainably & reduce your food waste

Find the perfect Sorted Food gift for your loved ones this Christmas: https://store.sortedfood.com/

source

Continue Reading

Food UK

Chef Reviews Christmas Dinners from Around the World | Sorted Food

Published

on

Today we explore the amazing Christmas dishes that are eaten around the world in other cultures. James and Mike will review …

source

Continue Reading

Food UK

Salmon & Romesco Sauce Recipe | Sorted Food

Published

on

Here’s a super easy recipe that is sure to impress! A great salmon dish that’s packed full of flavour, and perfect for a sunny day.

Get the full recipe here: http://bit.ly/29I4nu0

source

Continue Reading

Food UK

2013 – BEST YEAR EVER

Published

on

2013 has been a pretty freakin’ good year. So we did our best in compiling the bestest, funniest bits into a petit montage!

What was your favourite Sorted moment of 2013?
“Comment below, comment below, let us know”

If you want to get involved and give us your recipe suggestions, head over to our Google+ community: http://plus.google.com/+sortedfood

Make sure you’re up to date on all the latest SORTED happenings:

source

Continue Reading

Food UK

THIS is how a Chef Makes PESTO | Classic Method + Cheaper Method | Sorted Food

Published

on

Pesto is the ultimate sauce that packs a punch of delicious, herby flavour! That’s why our Chef, Ben has decided to show us two recipe hacks to help you whip up two fool-proof recipes in the comfort of your own home! Give it a try and let us know how you get on!

Try out your new skills using the Pesto dishes on our Meal Packs App: https://bit.ly/3fMRylY
– Cook great-tasting midweek meals in under 30 minutes
– Reduce the cost of your food shop
– Cut down on your food waste
– PLUS access all our Cookbooks