Connect with us

on

Continue Reading
34 Comments

34 Comments

1. @BobBananana

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

From the way back machine since the website is down now. Ingredients
    85 g sultanas
    1 orange
    85 g wholemeal flour
    85 g self-raising flour
    175 g soft brown sugar
    1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp mixed spice
    1/2 tsp salt
    125 ml sunflower oil
    2 eggs (beaten)
    175 g carrot (peeled and coarsely grated)
    50 g walnuts (roughly chopped)
    85 g soft cheese
    25 g butter (softened)
    175 g icing sugar
    1 orange

2. @dinaiarenchuk2711

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

The link on your website doesn't work anymore! 🙁

3. @gedog77

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

Oh bless… you all look so young…. and dare I say thin

4. @787shizzle

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

Gutted that recipe is no longer accessible 🙁

5. @vagabondwastrel2361

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

Something you can do it toss the grated carrots into a pan with butter just to bring out some of the sugars before you put them in the cake.

6. @roopanjalijasrotia3946

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

After many failed attempts at making carrot cake and scouring through the net to find a recipe I 'd like to take a chance on.. I found your video and it looks so amazing that I decided to make one. It turned out quite nice. Thank you so much for this foolproof recipe. I have one question though : how do you get that rich dark color? I used light brown sugar (but so do you) but still dont get the same color. Should I try with dark brown sugar or will that turn out too sticky?

7. @tavo.B

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

I really don't like how he treats his asssistant

8. @MrJamesreeves63

Watching this is 2020 and lad ye look like children haha

9. @ab17364

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

I think our brown sugar or even the light looks different. Its much more moist, that sugar looked like cane, golden or raw sugar …or at least that's what they sell us over on this side of the pond 🙂

10. @MrJackKnightSays

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

My go to carrot cake recipe, and it also makes the best cupcakes.

11. @alisgray

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

Well done! Did you not grow up with carrot cake?

12. @MS-nf9iu

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

The art attack reference ? Brings me back to the good days.

13. @LiamDaLemon

The fuck is mixed spice

14. @samuellimkingaik2787

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

Hi guys, the recipes was not found with the link? Can i have the recipes?

15. @wickiezulu

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

Would Rosewater, Vanilla or Date Syrup and Ginger be good alternatives to the Orange / Lemon and Sultanas?

Also can I use Almond flour in place of the wholemeal / self-raising flour?

16. @samanthaesra4035

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

we grew up with carrot cake in South Africa.its so common here.i will bake it tomorrow.

17. @wahyuniedwidharma3354

what is mix spice?

18. @rifathossain6132

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

What is "mixed spice"? What are the spices?

19. @jocelynlim2992

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

I've tried this recipe and it is recommended. Simple, moist and I love the spice 👍

20. @Little0nee1

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

Mm this looks delicious! 😋 another alternative that is also really scrumptious is courgette cake, or a courgette and ginger loaf (:

21. @TacitusKillgore1

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

If your gonna try this, Id advise that you slightly increase the self-raising flour quantity to about 93 grams in total, as my mix was very runny. When the cake was baked, it came out really moist & fluffy

22. @demiraijer

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

could i leave out the raisins?

23. @SamaraTrollero

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

@1:45 Barry, that is totally me, carrot and cake was so weird to me that when I was a kid, my cousins told me in huge excitement that they had carrot cake, and I didn't even let them tell me it was good, because I was never going to believe them, or try it myself, so I was like: A carrot cake? Why you're so happy you had CARROT cake? Who served you that? That must of been teeerriblee! And they just kept quiet… that's just how strongly I reacted.

24. @sebastianmalton5967

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

whenever our family makes carrot cake we use pineapple chunks and a bit of pineapple juice.

25. @meghanwalter9413

Those are Sontaran nuts?
    SONTARHA

26. @StyleSoldierBlog

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

This is brilliant! Carrot cake brings back good memories – I'd have it as my birthday cake every year growing up. One thing I do differently when I make carrot cake is grate the carrots, mix in the raisins, then sprinkle sugar over it and set it aside for a few minutes. The sugar helps draw out the liquid from the carrots and makes the cake even more moist. I also like to add pineapple chunks. 🙂

27. @eyasminsplace

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

I tried the recipe but added chocolate chips instead of raisins, and they all ended up in the bottom! Why did it happen?

28. @zarshyg

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

i have the chef premier. and im looking high and low for the food processor attachment!

29. @ilyashasanli3357

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

why you need to bake it for so long.

30. @vaniaguilh

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

I Love Abricot ( dry) make a Abricot Cake for me, please!

31. @TohSookLin

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

you guys should make asian carrot cake. its not really cake and doesnt even have carrots

32. @onlythelonely007

Moist…. giggle

33. @dompie23

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

I made this for the first time today and when I took it out of the oven, my health-nut of a sister walked in. She doesn't eat gluten or sugar (no allergies, just really healthnutty). It smelled so nice, she just couldn't resist the temptation. I very much enjoyed watching her damn the whole world and the cake to hell while she ate most of it.

34. @anakinslover4eva

January 25, 2024 at 4:32 pm

Get reciepe, can't stop eating it… But can I just say that you haven't included when to add the brown sugar in the recipe… oops.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Food UK

Ben’s Surprise Birthday Food Tour!! #spon

Published

on

We can’t think of a better way for Ben to spend his 30th Birthday than exploring one of the world’s BEST cities for food – Chicago!

This is the final part of our trip to Chicago with #VisitTheUSA… But don’t miss Friday and Sunday when we head to Kansas City!

HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to SORTEDfood and press the bell button to get notifications each time we post. http://bit.ly/2otgXbf

Ready to live the ultimate food lifestyle?
Come and join the Sorted Club to make use of the smart tools that connect millions of foodies around the world and help you create your ultimate food lifestyle.
– Simplify midweek cooking with smart meal packs and audio guides
– Visit locally recommended restaurants & experiences in major cities around the world
– Listen to weekly podcasts that debate trending food topics
– Enjoy the full collection of Sorted Club Books and build your own cookbook

Check it out here: http://bit.ly/2SiD6q6

source

Continue Reading

Food UK

Why Nicole Pisani Left a Top London Restaurant to Work with Kids in Schools

Published

on

In this week’s podcast we’re talking to Chef Nicole Pisani about the importance of food in schools.

Grab on-demand access to Sorted LIVE: Washed UP HERE: https://store.sortedfood.com/collections/live-shows

Time to CANCEL your boring dinners!

It’s easier than you think to cook up banging recipes… Click here to try Sidekick FREE for 30 days: https://bit.ly/3tfFgsR

The awesome benefits of the Sidekick app:
– Unlock your kitchen confidence to discover awesome new ingredients and dishes
– Reduce the stress of deciding what to cook EVERY day
– Grocery shopping made simple, with an automatically-generated list
– Cook more sustainably & reduce your food waste

source

Continue Reading

Food UK

Pistachio Citrus Drizzle Cake Recipe | Sorted Food

Published

on

If you’re looking for an amazing cake recipe this spring, we’ve got one for you. This delicious gluten free cake is flavoured with grapefruit and pistachio. A little different and outside the box, yes, but a showstopper nonetheless.

Get the recipe: http://bit.ly/PistachioGFCake
Free cooking lessons: http://bit.ly/2iVEPzO

HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to SORTEDfood!

source

Continue Reading

Food UK

Chocolate Snickers Recipe | Sorted Food

Published

on

Recreating confectionary and chocolate bars is good fun, because you know exactly what you’re aiming for and are set out to …

source

Continue Reading

Food UK

Taste Testing More INCREDIBLE Global Street Food | Sorted Food

Published

on

Today we’re shining a light on some more global street food dishes suggested by our community!

Time to CANCEL your boring dinners!

The awesome benefits of the Sidekick app: