Connect with us

News UK

Bicycles lighting the night in Venice Beach – BBC News

Published

on

What happens when you apply thousands of LED lights to a bicycle? You fit right in with Venice, California locals. Venice Beach, which served as a US hippy hub of the 1960s, is now seeing dozens of locals cruising its boardwalk late at night with brightly glowing rides.
The bicycle enthusiasts say they fit right in with the hundreds of performers, artists and musicians that already call Venice Beach home. BBC Pop Up’s Matt Danzico is off the road this month and exploring his new home in Southern California.

Subscribe to BBC News HERE http://bit.ly/1rbfUog
Check out our website: http://www.bbc.com/news
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bbcworldnews
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bbcworld
Instagram: http://instagram.com/bbcnews

source

Continue Reading
29 Comments

29 Comments

1. @Devonellah

I love it!! Just moved to Venice and I am absolutely elated with joy 🙂

2. @BradThePitts

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

Wow – 80 riders? It's 7 years since this video and we had in my estimate tonight we had 500 riders. All ages too!

3. @teryshelby7838

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

This Bike Culture is the Best Thing on wheels that ever happened I've been riding bike since I was five years old now I'm 55 years old and still going strong I'm one of djs that handle the music while riding bike.

4. @onlyinoc

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

I love riding with everyone in the Venice Beach Light Parade every Sunday at sunset. Come join all of us for the ride. Everyone is welcome to enjoy the fun💯🏁

5. @Dummyzone890

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

i love it can he do it on my bike

6. @hedgehog1684

i got seizsure

7. @LonewolfAZ520

Very cool 🚴🏼‍♂️💨💨

8. @luluenvenice7909

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

My first ride in Velp I remember Marcus always in your side 5 years ago erre erre I’m Lulú

9. @davidmacpherson8710

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

"The police even like it …" Who could not like these people and bikes.

10. @callahanwelsh

This is AWEEESOME!….I love riding with Marcus and his V.E.L.P

11. @paganpoetprophet6441

Cool bike I want get a BBC bike with lights

12. @323gunslinger

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

This just happened last night! I stumbled upon it while on a night ride, joined the ride and loved it! So much fun the vast majority wore masks so that was good too. About 100-200 people that night

13. @controlcontrol1829

Beautiful 😍👌 lights!!!!!

14. @fernandoochoa1426

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

the older guy sounds like Kevin hart

15. @lazerskull1327

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

it was my first time riding venice light parade shit was fun

16. @terryharleyrides6109

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

Always someone taken check for other people’s ideas and inventions, nothing new about that.

17. @benjaminharris8772

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

Look at my bike on my channel from Ukraine

18. @benjaminharris8772

I very like Venice Electric Light Parade

19. @vadvocivadvoci7360

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

i want to buy those lights but dont know from were and if they ship it to Denmark, i want so badly some frame lights if only i could find those..

20. @Mike-pj1kv

Cool

21. @BryanClarkYantheman46

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

I love riding my bike at night. Sure, it might not be the coolest bike in the world, but I still think it's pretty alright with the wheel lighting it currently has (front wheel blue lights, rear wheel green). Plus a little under frame red light bar.

22. @thecodylaroseshow4429

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

I also like the one with the bike trailer

23. @tylerwalkosz6137

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

Wtf i did this several years ago

24. @tatetocollin1321

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

did it dissappear? i used to pass by the area at night (5× a week) 10/2015~16 and never saw them.

25. @michaelwaggoner2577

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

Tonight I'm going to make my surprise debut. No one in my town has a led bicycle.

26. @joshm3848

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

Been at here for 2 years on my own mountain bike with led lights bought & put on my self love his saying get lit or get hit I like being safe at night 24/7 keep them videos coming

27. @joedowney4536

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

sabistion your not the light man come on man im the light man ok here in new mexico usa

28. @binniza1

January 27, 2024 at 2:12 pm

Bull shit this dude did not start this
    At Venice beach it was joe and locust
    when this dude Sebastian was selling communist shirts and hats back in 2008
    joe was selling bicycle safety lights back in 2007 including the wheel led lights he was selling at the Venice and Santa Monica bored line he had the big display with the laser light!
    This dude is a fraud!!

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

News UK

Princess Kate making “good progress” but “not out of the woods” after cancer diagnosis | BBC News

Published

on

The Princess of Wales says she is making “good progress” after her cancer diagnosis and is to attend the formal Trooping the …

source

Continue Reading

News UK

AI robot dogs take bullets to save humans, say engineers | BBC News

Published

on

The Boston Dynamics robot, Spot, has just leveled up at the AI (artificial intelligence) Summit in London.

Boston Dynamics exhibited a new AI-powered self-learning development in its autonomous robots.

Spot is a four-legged mobile monitoring device mostly used in industrial settings, costing $74,500 (£55,000).

Brendan Schulman, vice president of policy and government relations for Boston Dynamics explained the update to the BBC’s AI Decoded.

AI Summit London is a two-day conference featuring panels and presentations on emerging AI technology.

For more news, analysis and features visit: www.bbc.com/news

#Technology #AI #BBCNews

source

Continue Reading

News UK

Australia bans more single-use plastics – BBC News

Published

on

Australia has introduced a ban on thick plastic shopping bags and mass balloon releases to cut down on single-use plastics.

Authorities in three states are also banning a range of products including plastic cotton buds.

Conservationists have said that Australia has become a world leader in banning single-use plastics.

Scientists say that more than 171 trillion pieces of plastics are estimated to be floating in the world’s oceans.

Please subscribe here: http://bit.ly/1rbfUog

#Australia #Environment #BBCNews

source

Continue Reading

News UK

Arcane: Co-creator Christian Linke on why it’s ending and what’s next

Published

on

Arcane is one of the best reviewed video game adaptations of all time. It’s even won a prestigious Emmy award. So why is it ending?

The show’s co-creator, showrunner, and executive producer Christian Linke from Riot Games talks to BBC Newsbeat’s Andrew Rogers about why the second season will be the last, what champions might get their turn in the spotlight next, and whether Ella Purnell is the ultimate good luck charm.

For more news, analysis and features visit: www.bbc.com/news

#Arcane #BBCNews #LeagueOfLegends

source

Continue Reading

News UK

Buenos Aires rocked by violent clashes over Argentina’s President Milei reforms | BBC News

Published

on

Argentina’s Senate has approved President Javier Milei’s controversial economic reform package.

The vote took place as violent clashes raged between protesters and riot police outside Congress.

A number of people were reported injured as demonstrators in Buenos Aires – who say the measures will hurt millions of Argentines – clashed with police.

The reforms, aimed at reviving the country’s flagging economy, include declaring a state of economic emergency, cutting pensions and watering down labour rights.

For more news, analysis and features visit: www.bbc.com/news